Monday, June 11, 2012

(Day 46) Friend Makin' Mondays: Bedroom Habits

Day 46
Weight:
Still a fatty!
Lbs +/-: +1 lbs - still up that dreaded one lb!

Been another crazy week in the life of Jen! (but what's new, right?)

More Dr appointments for Itty Bitty, still trying to figure out exactly what is going on. Good news....She passed her hearing test with flying colors. Had lots of blood drawn today and tests done to check her immune system and to see if her bone marrow is functioning properly. Won't hear back anything on those for about a week. UGHHHH I hate waiting. Especially when it comes to my babies! I want to know NOW!! More appointments next week with the Pediatric Ophthalmologists and the Neonatologist at St. Louis Children's Hospital. A break, please??

Stink and Shon both got new (to us) 4-wheelers! Why do I see an ER visit in our near future?! (No worries! Helmets are a requirement for everyone!) But they are having so much fun with them and it is something they can do TOGETHER! I love it!

Still "Shakin" everyday and have even upgraded my Herbalife package to the Ultimate Package hoping this is what I need to get this weight off. I do have to say that I feel better, or should I say healthier, than I think I ever have! And while my blood sugars still aren't near where I want them to be (I want to be non-insulin dependant), they are on their way in the right direction. Hopefully when I get my weight where it should be, my sugars will follow.

12 more days until my family participates in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure, in honor of my cousin Penny, who passed away in December after a 10 year battle with breast cancer. She was 40 years young and left behind a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful children. If you would like to sponsor me in the Race and help find a cure for breast cancer, click here. Any little bit you can spare would be greatly appreciated. Even $5 does wonders for research and education. At the very least, please make sure you do a monthly self-breast exam. (you too, guys!) No one is immune!

Now on to Friend Makin' Monday!



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there (and here, too!) so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Bedroom Habits


1. Do you set an alarm clock? If so, for what time? My alarm is set for 6:30 during the week but I am one of those hit the snooze button 5-6 times before I actually drag my butt outta bed kind of people.

2. How many hours of sleep do you get on an average night?  I usually get anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on when Itty Bitty decides to fall asleep and how into my book I get when the house is actually quite for the first time all day.

3. Do you bring your laptop to bed? I used to never bring electronics to bed but when I got my Kindle Fire, that kinda changed. I have only actually used it in bed maybe 3 times. I try to keep the bedroom for sleepy time and well.....you know! ;) I don't even have a TV in the bedroom.

4. How many pillows do you require to sleep? I must have 2! My head pillow and my leg pillow. That was a habit that was started when I was prego with IB and it stuck. It's rather annoying, really. I wish I didn't have to depend on a pillow between my knees to get a good nights sleep.

5. Do you sleep with socks on? No way, Jose'! Feet must be nekkie, free from any covers or blankets. And Shon better not even think of trying to put his feet on mine while we sleep. That will get him kicked, quickly....and hard!

6. How often do you change the sheets? When ever they need it but at a minimum of every Sunday.


7. Do you remember your dreams? Sometimes. I have to try to remember them as soon as I open my eyes. Or it has to be something SPECTACULAR!

8. Which side of the bed do you sleep on?  Laying in the bed, I am on the left. Another habit started by pregnancy. They say the left side is the best to sleep on for blood circulation to the baby and I cannot sleep face-to-face with Shon, or anyone for that matter, even the kids, so that's when it started and now I'm just there.

9. How often do you take naps? I used to nap every single day, for at least an hour. My body was just so abused and run down that I could sleep all day, every day, if my terrorists (kids) would let me. After starting Herbalife, I don't feel so drained all the time and I have honestly only had 2 naps in the 46 days that I have been "shakin". It's a miracle in itself!

10. Do you sleep soundly? I can sleep through an earthquake. Yes, I literally have when Hayden was a baby! But let one of my kids so much as fart and I am wide awake. Its amazing the effects parenthood has on a person.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! And hey…try saying hi to someone new this week! Happy Monday, Friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment